Dry hair is very common especially among women. Contrary to what most people believe and what product labels tell you, it is not a normal type of hair. Your crowning glory may be damaged and dry because of various reasons such as too much sun exposure, very hard chemicals in hair products, too much heating during styling and even deficiencies in vitamins and minerals.
What you need to understand is that in order to remedy the problem, its main cause should be addressed. So, in this article, we will be listing some of the most effective ways to bring back the life of your damaged and very dry hair.
- Apply sesame oil to the hair. This oil has powerful nourishing properties and is also very rich in vitamins and minerals. When used together with lemon and root juice to massage the hair and scalp, it can promote better blood circulation. In addition to this, it can also help in strengthening it.
- You can also use olive oil to get the same benefits. This type of oil is packed with vitamins and antioxidants that can help heal your damaged hair. Moreover, it has good moisturizing ability.
- A simple way to revitalize your hair and add more shine to it is by using egg whites. Since eggs contain a lot of protein, it is helpful for very dry hair. It will not only give moisture, but also more texture and body.
- If you are feeling more adventurous, you can use beer to treat your hair. All you have to do is to spray a very small amount of beer onto your hair just right before you style it. Don’t worry about its smell because air drying your hair will remove it. Beer is amazing because it contains protein that can help nourish the hair follicles.
- To make your hair shinier and to avoid dullness, you can use bananas. All you need to do is to mash a ripe one before massaging it directly to your hair and scalp. After doing this, leave it for an hour before finally rinsing your hair using lukewarm water. Do this regularly and see the difference it can make.
- Another kitchen staple that can help with your dry hair is yogurt. Just like bananas, it can be massaged onto your hair and scalp and it will act a conditioner. After application, leave it for a few minutes before doing a thorough rinse for a better effect.
- Avoid too much sun exposure. As mentioned earlier, the sun’s harmful rays can cause the hair to become dry and brittle. Therefore, it is important to avoid it as much as possible. Protect your hair by wearing a hat or using an umbrella.
There are many products available in the market today that promises to remedy dry and damaged hair. Before resulting to purchasing items that are expensive, why not try the tips we have first? See how you can bring back vitality to your hair, the natural way.